Climb an authentic fire tower and view a replica fire observer’s cabin without having to climb a mountain! Get a treetop view of Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park.
This 60 foot, Model LS-40 Aermotor fire tower was placed in memory of Thomas C. Luther, who founded The Luther Forest in 1898 and who was an entrepreneur and pioneer in the world of forestry. In memory of Thomas F. Luther and William R. Mackay who carried on The stewardship of The Luther Forest for two more generations as professional foresters. And to further Honor Thomas F. Luther, a stout supporter of the Boy Scouts of America and a Charter member and First Commissioner of the Saratoga County Council, instrumental in the creation of Camp Saratoga in 1930, and a 1943 recipient of the Silver Beaver Award.
Refurbished by The Luther Forest Corporation and placed in cooperation with the Town of Wilton.
Cornell Hill Fire Tower is located at Camp Saratoga in Wilton, 93 Scout Road Wilton, NY 12831
Get an amazing treetop view of Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park.
Cornell Hill Fire Tower is open the second weekend of every month between April and October. During the fall foliage season of September and October the tower is also open the 4th weekend of each month. Operating hours are 10am-3pm.
Important information and rules for visitors.
View The Fire Tower Photo Gallery