Town of Wilton New York

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to the most frequently asked questions here.

If you get a suspension notice.

You should contact the Court immediately to determine the reason for the suspension. If the suspension is for failing to pay a fine the payment should be remitted to the Court. If the suspension is for failing to answer the summons then you may be able to mail in a plea and payment, or you may need to appear in court, depending on the offense. From October 1st, 2003 until July 5, 2009 any suspension that goes into effect on or after that date, will be charged a $35.00 suspension lift fee, which is mandated by the State of New York and paid directly to the Court.

Any suspension on or after July 6, 2009 will be charged $70 suspension lift fee per ticket.

Payment of fines

You may submit a money order or certified check made payable to the “Wilton Town Justice” or the “Wilton Town Court” either in person or by mail, or you may bring cash to the office. Visa and Master Card are accepted. We CAN NOT take credit card information over the phone.

The Court does not accept personal checks.

© 2024 Town of Wilton • 22 Traver Road Wilton, New York 12831 • (518) 587-1939
Privacy Notice
Webdesign by Spa.Net Webdesign Group